Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Movie Trailer] - #3 Beautiful Creatures


Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Title: Beautiful Creatures
   Director: Richard LaGravenese
   Author: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
   Release Date: November 1st, 2013

     Ethan longs to escape his small Southern town. He meets a mysterious new girl, Lena. Together, they uncover dark secrets about their respective families, their history and their town.

From the Book:
     Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

     Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

     In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.



Thoughts:

      Beautiful Creatures, is another one of those movies in which I have found something far more interesting than what I had thought. I lump this book with The Hunger Games, not in the same quality or the fact its a similar audience style, but something far different. I watched this movie not too long ago and it made me want to grab the book and pitch forward into it, to the point I actually bought the whole series.

     First off I am not going to talk or review the movie at all. First off, the trailer does a great job introducing the plot and the main character, and the romance that broods throughout the entire book/movie. From the synopsis though it sounds like the book is told from Lena point of view the entire way though. However, the movie seems to focus on the pair, which rightfully it should. I almost felt it focused more on Ethan than Lena, which I thought was odd.

     I first looked at the trailer and was drawn, it doesn't look too cheesy like Twilight and overgrown with Tween romance. It melds a good sense of magic and violence into the dark magic that makes up their world, and weaves a world of romance. I was looking at the book, and thought the book would be darker and more sinister, but would provide better insight into Lena than what the movie gave off.

     Why did I buy the book if I have seen the movie? Rule #1: Never judge a book by its movie. I learned that from The Hunger Games, and I hope this book does the same, I hope it opens my eyes and pours a new more viscous world into my mind. I want something far more than what the book gave me, and I hope the book fills the gaps.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger