Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Book Playlist] - Songs of the Resistance by Lauren Oliver

     

     So I will be honest, in accordance to my poll I recently finished Requiem, and I found this playlist on Spotify a while back. It was on Epic Reads playlists, I am not sure if it's official, but I would like to take my time to comment on this for a second. While I understand that some of the songs do a good job at representing the series, I do find that overall, the playlist just doesn't do the book justice. I hate when someone's playlist just nearly murders the mood of a book, and this is one of those. It's not hard enough, and when I hear this playlist I see it part of the LAAM. There just isn't the diversity, the energy and resistance, okay maybe it may be there if this was the 50s or 70s even. This just isn't what I thought or what I heard when I was reading the series.

     Especially when one of the songs sounds like it's done by Elvis. I'm sorry, I could see people dancing to it, yes, but it doesn't start a revolution. And then there is The Revolution Will Not Be Televised... WHAT IS THIS? Sorry but if you are at all a fan of the series... STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLAYLIST!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger