Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #28

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Goddess
   Author: Josephine Angelini
   Release Date: May 28th, 2013

     After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

     To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.

     In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched.


My Stance:

     This week is a series that I have been trying to track down and its just not been working so far. With the conclusion around the corner I am dying to get into the series and read more. I have a lot on my table and while I shouldn't pick up another series, more than likely I just won't help myself and eventually this will make it in my hands. Not that it would be a bad thing, I really want to get into the series. I love the concept of modernizing the Greek mythology.

     I love how this book has war involved and how everything about this book scream romance and violence. There is just something about this book, that has me on edge, I see the whole love triangle in this synopsis and already I am not sure if the books will captivate me as much as I thought. I hate love triangles. I want a girl who is determined, knows who she loves, and ultimately is pure and genuine to that one person. In the paranormal genre is seems almost unheard of to do that with a character.

     While that may bother me and all, I will still probably read the Starcrossed series. It's a series I am interested in, and I have read books with the hated love triangles in them. I just wish the characters would gain a better backbone nowadays. 
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger