Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #29

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Linked
   Author: Imogen Howson
   Release Date: June 11th, 2013

     Elissa used to have it all: looks, popularity, and a bright future. But for the last three years, she’s been struggling with terrifying visions, phantom pains, and mysterious bruises that appear out of nowhere.

     Finally, she’s promised a cure: minor surgery to burn out the overactive area of her brain. But on the eve of the procedure, she discovers the shocking truth behind her hallucinations: she’s been seeing the world through another girl’s eyes.

     Elissa follows her visions, and finds a battered, broken girl on the run. A girl—Lin—who looks exactly like Elissa, down to the matching bruises. The twin sister she never knew existed.

     Now, Elissa and Lin are on the run from a government who will stop at nothing to reclaim Lin and protect the dangerous secrets she could expose—secrets that would shake the very foundation of their world.

     Riveting, thought-provoking and utterly compelling, Linked will make you question what it really means to be human.


My Stance:

     Linked caught my eye in the last quarter of last year, and I was shocked and taken back by the premise of the synopsis and loved the overall direction the plot was heading. I enjoyed that this takes a look into the thought that twins possess this uncanning ability to see and feel almost identical to the other. However, this book takes a twist on the tale and adds the depth and separation and unity of their relationship.

     When I started re-reading the synopsis, so I could get a better idea where I stood, I was curious why Elissa followed her visions and how did she realize it was another girl on the other end? Wouldn't most people chalk that up to a weird dream/nightmare? It seems a bit of a stretch for me, but I'll accept it and continue. So when the cure is proposed to burn out part of her brain, she realizes the truth. I don't think any doctor burns out part of someone's brain, but I'm not a surgeon so I don't know exactly. It just seems a bit excessive.

     Into the world comes Lin, when Elissa runs to find this girl in her visions, and the whole story goes dystopian. My question is what does Lin mean to the government that makes her so dangerous and that they are willing to cut/burn someone's brain away just to secure it? As well, how can one girl escape those that are after her; there just seems too much to grasp at, and it provides questions that peak my interest just enough that I can't wait for this book!

     This synopsis actually brought me into the book, more than I thought it would. This synopsis just gives enough character biography and background that I want to read more and find out about their world and troubles. As well, I am ultimately more interested in the what the government sees in her. That should be the key point to this book, and why the two are on the run. Let's hope!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger