Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #3

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released book that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Check the book out on Goodreads and add it to your TBR List!



Title: The Iron King
     Author: Julie Kagawa
     Release Date: February 1st, 2010

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

My Stance:

I am curious on this, I have heard a lot of ups and downs about this book and the series of the time it's been out. I am curious to get my hands on it and purge it's world and the characters. As well, from the sound of the synopsis, the book has depth and I can already tell there is going to be a few twists that will be fun to see and enjoy. The one thing I am on the edge about, the faery stuff. I am not sure I'll enjoy that part of the book, but I'm willing to look over that and give it a shot. The one interesting part of the book, if Meghan is a faery, the whole idea or stereotype of faeries being small goes out the window.



Title: Gone
     Author: Michael Grant
     Release Date: June 24th, 2008

In the blink of an eye.
Everyone disappears.
Gone.
Everyone except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not a single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Gone, too, are the phones, internet, and television. There is no way to get help.
Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day.
It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen and war is imminent.
The first in a breathtaking saga about teens battling each other and their darkest selves, gone is a page-turning thriller that will make you look at the world in a whole new way.



My Stance:

     When I was younger I was a huge fan of Animorphs when I was younger, I still have a few of their books around here somewhere. So when I found this was done by one of the co-creators of the series, I was already pretty excited. I want to get into it and try it. I want to see how the synopsis plays out. I mean a world without technology and filled with a bunch of young adults to children. How could it get worse?

So what I'm wondering is, imminent war with a bunch of children and teens. What would they be fighting over? I mean food of course but throw that aside? Shelter? Oh powers? Like what, the ability to jump tall buildings, fly, dragonball ki type powers? This preview gives nothing away but a bunch of questions that get me all jumping up and down and reaching my hand out, I want to read!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger