Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Book Review] - Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate

Title: Fallen in Love
     Author: Lauren Kate
     Series: #3.5 - Fallen
     Format: Hardcover
     Release Date: January 24th, 2012
     My Rating: 2.5 out of 5.0

Unexpected. Unrequited. Forbidden. Eternal. Everyone has their own love story.
And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories combine over the course of a romantic Valentine's Day in Medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they least expect it. Roland learns a painful lesson about finding-and losing love. Arianne pays the price for a love so fierce it burns. And for the first -and last- time, Daniel and Luce will spend a night together like none other.
Lauren Kate's FALLEN IN LOVE is filled with love stories . . . the ones everyone has been waiting for.
True love never says goodbye. . .

My Review:

     Being a semi-fan of the Fallen series, I have to say this was rather interesting and did bring life to some of the background characters more than I thought it did for Luce and Daniel. This book does provide some knowledge and twists what could be the present tense of Rapture (the final book in the Fallen Series), so being a short story or just something on the side, if someone say skipped it for whatever reason, I don't know how this will impact Rapture. I hope it does and doesn't, there are a few tales that are just mesmerizing and just really well done.

     Fallen in Love is a series of four stories regarding a different set of Fallen characters. I am going to attempt my best to really just ruffle the feathers here on all four, cause realistically its a single story-line told around four different stories and relationships. I think this would be the best way to go about this book, and frankly almost the only way to go about it.

     First up is Miles and Shelby, their story with how they find love and go about their story was probably the high point of the book. Not to say that the others weren't good or bad, but I find Miles's and Shelby's the best out of the lot. However, my problem is that Miles seems to go immediately over Luce (upon realizing what Daniel is doing for Luce) and straight into the next person. To me, that's a cheap and almost like a rebound.

     After Miles and Shelby they hand the reigns of the story over to Roland, which has a story of lost love unlike any other. I felt sorry for Roland and there is a pain in his story so deep that I just couldn't help but feel some sort of pain for him. I don't understand if he wakes up in his story, seeing the past version of the one person that he loves or still loves, and realizes he still loves her and wishes he could change something he did. I was a bit confused with what lesson he supposedly learned but it was still decent.

     Roland hands the story over to Arianne, and her story surprised me the most. I didn't picture her story the way it was told, frankly I pictured it completely different. The love between her and her partner burns so deep and bright, that I do wish that they could have come out and said their dues like Luce and Daniel. I don't buy into the bit where Arianne didn't believe they could, but she makes up for in not changing her believes because of someone she cares about. I just pictured Arianne's story told completely different, but it was still good either way.

     Arriane sets up Luce and Daniel's night together. Of course though, they seem to have the most spectacular night of everyone else. However, their love is getting overdone, it's like seeing the same story over and over, but when you see Miles and Shelby theirs seems to trump Luce's and Daniel's because of how unique and fresh it is. As well, their only Valentines Day? Over all the times they were together and the years or months they were together it never seemed to happen on that day again? That's a bit of a stretch, and I don't buy it. Sorry but that's just too cheesy.

     Overall, this book was meh, something I wouldn't really recommend or suggest people to read in the Fallen series. However, when I get into Rapture and if I find out that some of the details (the spoilers I'm not giving) are important and need to be known, that may change. I don't exactly know what to say overall, other than read Miles's and Shelby's and then put the book down cause the rest is just cheesy and almost not even worth the time. Sorry, but I just don't buy into a lot of the gimmicks in this book.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger