Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #6

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Check the book out on Goodreads and add it to your TBR List!


This week it's an author I've had my eyes on and just haven't been able to get around to. I have Witch & Wizard on my shelf and just haven't had time to get around to it, as with Unwind. Anyways, James Patterson gives a new series with so much potential that I just can'st stop thinking about it and how much I want to get my hands on it.


Title: Confessions of a Murder Suspect
     Author: James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
     Date: September 24th, 2012

James Patterson returns to the genre that made him famous with a thrilling teen detective series about the mysterious and magnificently wealthy Angel family . . . and the dark secrets they're keeping from one another.
On the night Malcolm and Maud Angel are murdered, Tandy Angel knows just three things: 1) She was the last person to see her parents alive. 2) The police have no suspects besides Tandy and her three siblings. 3) She can't trust anyone--maybe not even herself. Having grown up under Malcolm and Maud's intense perfectionist demands, no child comes away undamaged. Tandy decides that she will have to clear the family name, but digging deeper into her powerful parents' affairs is a dangerous-and revealing-game. Who knows what the Angels are truly capable of?


     Confessions of a Murder Suspect caught my eye with the cover and the synopsis just made it worse. I am actually happy to say that the synopsis is the main reason I want this book something about a good mystery with a plot that seems to catch your eye immediately, I am used to a mystery being solved with the polices help or just from the police in general. However, in this book the police are an added burden, something that is against Tandy.

     Tandy Angel, being part of a wealthy family with their own share of secrets, that I'm sure will be part of all the happenings with the murders and who they are. I sense something paranormal here, but I could be wrong. I am not sure if they were angels, or demons, or anything if that would be better for the story or not. Part of me wants there to be paranormal, but there is also that part that screams to keep that out. I can't imagine a series trying to go against the Dresden files or even proposing the idea. It just won't happen Harry Dresden is just too good.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger