Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #13

               Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Prodigy
Author: Marie Lu
Date: January 29th, 2013

     June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

     It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

     But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

     In this highly-anticipated sequel, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action.

     Now I will say Legend is on my list of books to read and I have it sitting on the shelf. Legend was one of those books that I have bought first and have been trying to get around to it. I have heard a lot of good reviews and there actually from a lot of people who I trust. I want to get into that book and see what all the rave is about.

     Prodigy is one of those sequels that I just can't look past, the book reminds me so much of The Hunger Games, based off the synopsis so far. From me not reading the first one and trying to judge the book, based on what I've not seen. I apologize now for possibly sounding completely stupid, but as a revolution gets underway and the Republic edges closer to falling. June and Day are forced to make a decision, to assassinate an Elector. A question arises though along the way, What if this Elector is actually better for the Republic and what the government needs to be better? Who is actually right in this choice; the Republic or the Revolution.

     This book appeals to me on the whole dystopia level, and the whole contemporary whose right choice. I look forward to seeing the book play out and the personal dilemma, and the inner fighting trying to comprehend just which side is the correct one. The government falling apart, brings a question to mind; why? Maybe that'll be answered in the first book, and that's why I'm going to end here. I just don't have much more to add to this book, other than I am really looking forward to getting my hands on this book!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger