Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #13

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



   Author: Miranda Kenneally
   Release Date: December 1st, 2011

     ONE OF THE BOYS

     What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

     But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?


My Stance:

     I am catching up and working on the blog again. I believe I have a few things in place. But when I got to this segment I was stumped. I have been reading a lot of manly novels. By that I mean it's mainly been Sci-Fi, Mysteries, or Horror/Thrillers, and I have been looking around for my other more catchy romance, emotional, gushy novels to fill this spot and sure enough this book caught my eye, immediately.

     This book is one of those that has been spoken highly of and I really have had it on my list for a long long while. I love the premise of this book, and how it feels like a good clean high school drama type novel. Catching Jordan is a simple book about Jordan who wants to be around boys and be viewed as more than just another one of the guys. However, when Ty enters the view that all changes.

     Jordan isn't sure just how much she can take with her feelings and what Ty does as well. The raw emotion in this book, I've heard it's all pretty good and I want to see it. As well the last time on the TV when Football was playing, the station kept showing the quarterback's girlfriend; and here I am wondering WHY? I am a guy, so maybe I just don't understand what could be so heartfelt or so sad, wrong, whatever that would cause a station to devote that much attention to a girl. This book kinds bridges that gap and shows that emotion and power.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger