Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #77

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Warrior
   Author: Ellen Oh
   Release Date: December 31st, 2013

     First an outcast, now a hero.

     But her fight rages on.

     Kira, the yellow-eyed demon slayer who fiercely protected her kingdom—and the crown prince—has been proclaimed the Dragon Musado of the prophecy. With the defeated the evil shaman.

     But it wasn’t enough.

     Hansong is in chaos. The Demon Lord’s minions have infiltrated the city, treason is brewing among the military ranks, and Kira is buried by the overwhelming loss of her parents. She’s also plagued by the annoying feelings that blossom whenever she’s around Jaewon. But she is determined that nothing will stop her from finding the second treasure needed to fulfill the Dragon King’s prophecy. Not even the army of half-breed demons hot on their trail. If only she could learn to trust others…

     Her father always said one person can change the world. Will it be Kira?

My Stance:

     I haven't read Prophecy yet so this is going to be rather short. I love the dystopian/sci-fi in this whole bit, but I don't know much about the first book to really say much about the book or the series yet. Kira this supposed demon slayer, who just happens to be the Prince's guard as well. I wonder through all the training and being a soldier, is there any romance there in her? I would love to see something between her and the prince, but I don't want to get my hopes up for the first book and it not be there.

     I want to take a step forward and say that I really haven't heard much hype about these books, but frankly evil shaman, demons and the whole fantasy bits have me intrigued. I can't wait to dive into the first book, which I hope will be soon. I have some pretty good hopes for this book, but it's not anything that I'm looking for the best book of the year sort of thing. This just happens to be on my flashback list cause of how good the series sounds and the first book is on my shelf.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger