Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Book Review] - Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Title: Before I Fall
     Author: Lauren Oliver
     Format: Hardcover
     Release Date: October 25th, 2011
     My Rating: 5.0 out of 5.0

What if you only had one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?
Samantha Kingston has it all: looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it turns out to be her last.
The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. Living the last day of her life seven times during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death-and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.

My Review:

     This book is why I fell in love with Lauren Oliver. The way she takes this seemingly perfect lifestyle and turns it all completely upside down. This book will make you cry, frustrated, angry, and frankly so emotional you will throw this book through the window. When I finished the book, it left me speechless, there was nothing left to describe what happened, there was nothing to talk about that wouldn't spoil this perfect story for others, it was perfect.

     Samantha is this rich, well... I wouldn't say rich maybe semi-rich, popular, somewhat egotistical, and snobby high-school senior. She's got a perfect boyfriend, so she thinks, and friends that will be with her to the bitter end. But everyone has secrets... And each day some of those secrets come out in the open, she realizes exactly what she was missing with her "perfect" lifestyle and even the best love or boyfriend she could ever hope for, if she would have paid attention.

     The way the chapters are told on a day to day basis was brilliant, and events or periods of time are given in sections that are aptly named by Sam. I enjoyed this cause it allowed time gaps to flow more easily and not get me confused like some other books do normally. Plus this allowed some grouping of events to be compared, for instance there's the same party scene that happens in almost every day, but certain things change about them all.

     I would recommend this book to just about anyone, it's complete. The days are told well, and everything just seems to come together and bleed perfection. At first I didn't think this was going to be a book I would enjoy. I normally am not into the whole teen-despair, problem type of genre, but this book does it so well I can only hope to see more like it. Undoubtedly one of my favorite books of all time, pick it up and read it; I guarantee you will be impressed.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger