Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #2


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?

Check the book out on Goodreads and add it to your TBR List!

    Today I'm going into some detail about two books that I just cannot wait for. I found the first one recently, and frankly it just sounds terrific. I hope I won't be let down on it. The second book is a prequel to a series I finished a bit ago, and really just want to know how everything started and get to know some of the beginning characters in a new light.


Title: False Memory
     Author: Dan Krokos
     Date: August 14th, 2012

Miranda wakes up alone on a park bench with no memory. In her panic, she releases a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her. Except Peter, a boy who isn't at all surprised by Miranda's shocking ability.
Left with no choice but to trust this stranger, Miranda discovers she was trained to be a weapon and is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens who possess flawless combat skills and powers strong enough to destroy a city. But adjusting to her old life isn't easy--especially with Noah, the boyfriend she can't remember loving. Then Miranda uncovers a dark truth that sets her team on the run. Suddenly her past doesn't seem to matter...when there may not be a future.
Dan Krokos' debut is a tour-de-force of non-stop action that will leave readers begging for the next book in this bold and powerful new series.

     I love action novels and series that have a sort of romance thing going. I have a feeling this has some sort of romance or going to have something built into it with Miranda and either Noah or Peter. There is just something about this book that even through the brief synopsis and explanation we're given, I am already pulled into wanting to open the book and start right now.

     For a debut novel, this seems a lot more involved and thought out than what I've seen in others, and I hope that it is. I may be leading this book far too off by having some pretty good expectations, but in general I try to avoid over hyped books, at least till I can't avoid it at all and someone throws it down my throat. I just hope that False Memory keeps up with it, because I really want this to be a good series.



Title: The Kill Order
     Author: James Dashner
     Date: August 14th, 2012

The prequel to the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series.
Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease.
Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees.
Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive.

     When I reread this synopsis and found out it doesn't have anything to really do with the main characters in The Maze Runner series, I about wanted to punch a series of small infants. This is the last thing I wanted to know was there could be a between book smashed in the middle of The Kill Order and The Maze Runner and I'll have to wait another year to ponder some more.

     However, this does pose another answer to some of the questions I have pertaining to how the virus or disease was created. That will or should be answered in this book and how, I am assuming, WICKED began. So maybe there is some hope for this book to fulfill some of my questions and problems with the series, I just wish it had more to do with Brenda, Thomas, Teresa, Minho, and Newt. I still can't get over that it has NOTHING to do with them. Bah!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger