Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #51

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Sabriel
   Author: Garth Nix
   Release Date: October 28th, 1996

     Ever since she was a tiny child, Sabriel has lived outside the walls of the Old Kingdom, away from the random power of Free Magic, and away from the Dead who won't stay dead. But now her father, the Mage Abhorsen, is missing, and to find him Sabriel must cross back into the nine Gates and Precincts of Death. Though her journey begins alone, she soon finds companions: Mogget, whose seemingly harmless feline form hides a powerful-and perhaps malevolent-spirit, and Touchstone, a younger Charter Mage imprisoned two centuries in a wooden ship-head, still trapped by painful memories. With threats on all sides and only each other to trust, the three must travel deep into the Old Kingdom, toward a battle against vicious Hands, Mordicants, and the evil Kerrigor.


My Stance:

     Well I am going old old on everyone today. 1996, I would have been 11 when this book was out and I doubt I would have read it. I was into thrillers back then, Doomstone, Loch, etc. and Animorphs for those of you know remember them. However what brought this to my eye was on the ARC Party hosted over at Epic Read (Tea Time #59), Clariel was brought out and it caught my eye. Sabriel was talked about quite highly by Margot and I just had to look and see what it was all about.

     Now, frankly from the synopsis I'm not sure what to make of the book, other than it seems like a wizardy fantasy book. I am looking forward to getting it and read it, mainly because frankly I am speechless. I want to know more, but there just isn't a lot I can pick up from the synopsis. It's pretty self explanatory, read it and find for yourself. I just really love the new paperback covers too :P
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger