Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #111

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: The Winner's Crime
   Author: Marie Rutkoski
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: March 3rd, 2015

     Book two of the dazzling Winner's Trilogy is a fight to the death as Kestrel risks betrayal of country for love.

     The engagement of Lady Kestrel to Valoria’s crown prince means one celebration after another. But to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making. As the wedding approaches, she aches to tell Arin the truth about her engagement…if she could only trust him. Yet can she even trust herself? For—unknown to Arin—Kestrel is becoming a skilled practitioner of deceit: an anonymous spy passing information to Herran, and close to uncovering a shocking secret.

     As Arin enlists dangerous allies in the struggle to keep his country’s freedom, he can’t fight the suspicion that Kestrel knows more than she shows. In the end, it might not be a dagger in the dark that cuts him open, but the truth. And when that happens, Kestrel and Arin learn just how much their crimes will cost them.

My Stance:

     The Winner's Crime is one of my favorite followups of the year. I am looking forward to seeing what Lady Kestrel and Valoria are up to in this novel. I haven't read the first book, but again it's on the list. I find that I have been saying this over and over. I need to get around to it and just starting reading. Either way, this book focuses what what I assume is a spy and an heir of some sort and how they are trying to trust each other. While the whole story seems to focus around the wedding and the engagement, there seems to be a part missing, a secret that seems only one person knows. That sounds oddly familiar. How many books nowadays loom after that "dwelling secret" ploy and it's all generally the same outcome. I hope there is a different twist to this one that sets it apart.

     This book has been on my list since the cover was released, and I meant to get to the first book before now, and really haven't. I love the whole premise of the first novel, and the second one while not as enticing, there is something about me that just wants to complete every series. I honestly can't wait for this novel.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger