Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #107

     Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


Title: Salt and Stone
   Author: Victoria Scott
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: February 24th, 2015

     What would you do to save someone you love?

     In Fire & Flood, Tella Holloway faced a dangerous trek through the jungle and across the desert, all to remain a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed for a chance at obtaining the Cure for her brother. She can't quit--she has to win the race, save Cody, and then fight to make sure the race stops before it can claim any more lives. In the next legs of the race, across the ocean and over mountains, Tella will face frostbite, sharks, avalanche, and twisted new rules in the race.

     But what if the danger is deeper than that? How do you know who to trust when everyone's keeping secrets? What do you do when the person you'd relied on most suddenly isn't there for support? How do you weigh one life against another?

     The race is coming to an end, and Tella is running out of time, resources, and strength. At the start of the race there were one hundred twenty-two Contenders. As Tella and her remaining friends start the final part of the race, just forty-one are left--and only one can win.

My Stance:

     Salt and Stone is one of those fantasy novels, which I have heard a lot about. I am looking forward to Fire & Flood, I have been staring at it on my shelf. I may have to take a break from my marathons to get to it and it may end up being a slight marathon of sorts (with it's two book). While I haven't read the complete synopsis for this book, I did read the first paragraph and it did spoil some of the book for me but that's what I get. I find that the book reminds me of The Maze Runner, but done on such a better stage.

     I would normally question different aspects of the book that I possibly have an issue with, but in this case I don't have any. I haven't read the first book and the issues I have at the moment, could be answered after reading that, and I will keep those to myself. However, those issues aren't really that bad at all, and I am more excited to read the first book. I just really hope the book doesn't seem to sound too much like The Maze Runner.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger