Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Book Review] - Tempted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Title: Tempted
   Author: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
   Series: #6 - House of Night
   Format: Hardcover
   Release Date: October 27th, 2009
   My Rating: 2.0 out of 5.0

     So…you'd think after banishing an immortal being and a fallen High Priestess, saving Stark's life, biting Heath, getting a headache from Erik, and almost dying, Zoey Redbird would catch a break. Sadly, a break is not in the House of Night school forecast for the High Priestess in training and her gang. Juggling three guys is anything but a stress reliever, especially when one of them is a sexy Warrior who is so into protecting Zoey that he can sense her emotions. Speaking of stress, the dark force lurking in the tunnels under the Tulsa Depot is spreading, and Zoey is beginning to believe Stevie Rae could be responsible for a lot more than a group of misfit red fledglings. Aphrodite's visions warn Zoey to stay away from Kalona and his dark allure, but they also show that it is Zoey who has the power to stop the evil immortal. Soon it becomes obvious that Zoey has no choice: if she doesn't go to Kalona he will exact a fiery vengeance on those closest to her. Will Zoey have the courage to chance losing her life, her heart, and her soul? Find out in the next spectacular installment in the House of Night Series, Tempted.

My Review:

     So another book down, and I'm past the halfway mark. And yet why do I feel like I haven't accomplished much of anything. The writing stays pretty much stagnant and the characters don't really change. I am finding it harder and harder to continue and actually finish this series. I think after this one I may take a break and finish binge reading the rest at a later date. I just can't take it much longer.

     This picks up right where the other one left off, and while everyone is underground and trying to move up above and reclaim what was taken from them, the world again squeezes on them. The visions from Aphrodite show Zoey as this savior if she goes and confronts Kalona, yet if she hides and attempts to ignore her he sets the world ablaze. I find it rather insulting that time after time, Zoey is this heroine that does nearly nothing. The growth in this book is so small and almost none existent. I would love to see her doubt Stevie Ray (which does start to happen).

     Stevie Ray is the new Red Priestess, and with it comes more baggage than she is letting on. She has this larger group of Red Vampires that doesn't appear to have made a choice between right and wrong. Which means they are crazy and more or less in a world of their own and they have already made an attempt on Stevie Ray's life. I understand that Stevie Ray feels responsible for them, but at some point you need to draw a line and give them an ultimatum.

     The rest of the book is normal Zoey going after Kalona followed by her harem and whatnot again. However near the end they decide to travel, and it brings the council of vampires into focus. There wasn't a whole lot of their dealings in this book, but they are so arrogant and presumptuous that part of me hopes they die painfully later. I am just not a fan of the whole "look-at-me" character style and all of them have that sort of characteristic. I will say this though, the ending was by far the best part of the series so far. I just wish something dramatic happened like this sooner in the novel, maybe would have made it more interesting and better to follow.

     I am honestly not sure how some people can binge read this series. I find it just hard to get to read and the better parts of the series are coming later and later. I am still surprised at how boring some of the writing is, there'll be chapters where almost nothing happens or develops and you're left wondering what is going on and why is this even here other than to pass the timeline. I am a completionist so I will complete the series, sometime.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger