Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #46

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past release that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title: Take Me There
   Author: Carolee Dean
   Release Date: July 20th, 2010

      Dylan has a bad-boy past and a criminal record. He knows that rich, beautiful Jess is way too good for him, but she has always been the one person who sees through his tough exterior and straight to his heart, and he has been hopelessly in love with her from the first time they met. He would change his life for a chance with her.

     But trouble follows Dylan wherever he goes, and a deadly mistake soon forces him to hit the road and leave his dreams behind. He's on the run and in search of answers, answers to questions he wishes he'd never asked.


My Stance:

     This is a book that spawned from Forget Me Not, I was looking up the author and looking around at other books that she had written and I happened to stumble upon this. Take Me There was the only book that I thought I would like. Yeah this is a ya contemporary romance novel, which more or less has become my go to choice for books to read. I know when I started I was so hell bent on reading all of the dystopian novels/series; just goes to show how much I have changed in my taste for books. That or I really need to start dating again, either way.

     Dylan sounds a lot like Travis but more calm and collected. Travis was just a badass when I read the book and part me understood his character. He had a heart under the thick skin, however in this case, Dylan, seems to be a guy that most guys will actually relate to. I don't have much hope for this book, mainly because I don't know what to expect out of it. Dylan has this secret that I'm not sure will be worth knowing, I mean the obvious plot in this book is will Dylan ask Jess to go with him or love him regardless of the secret? I think it's just too obvious that I hope there's something different.

     As well I really don't want this book to be a loss story. I am just not into that style of book, been through that too much just doesn't make for a good experience in my personal opinion. I would still read the book if it was that way, and would still enjoy the book just the same as if it were a "happily ever after" story. I just think that's too obvious and turning the synopsis around and working out the issue and solving their problem seems to be the harder and more intriguing story. That's what I'm mainly looking at and hoping to see from this book, but I won't hold my breath.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger