Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Flashback Friday] - #12

Flashback Friday is a weekly event, hosted here, that highlights a past released that we're dying to get our hands on...

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!



Title:  Starcrossed
   Author: Josephine Angelini
   Release Date: May 31st, 2003

     How do you defy destiny?

     Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.

     As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart.


My Stance:

     First week where I am just one day behind. I feel accomplished and like I'm finally getting in the swing of things. If only I had time to read more, I would be able to do more reviews. That'll come in time. However the book this week is a good Romance novel/series; Starcrossed. I saw this book months ago in a Barnes and Noble and I just fell in love with it. I am now kicking myself that I didn't actually purchase it. I'll have to get it sometime and indulge myself.

     Starcrossed just caught my attention because of how Helen goes through some destined romance and I get the feeling tragedy is always around the corner. The other issue is the nightmares and the hauntings that bring a twist to this book, I am not sure if I would classify this as a Mythical rendition or a Paranormal book. There is so many angles to take with this book, that i want to get into it and read it.

     The other part of this book that I am curious on, how much does this relate to the mythology of Helen of Troy. I hope there is some reason behind the name and whatnot, as well I hope there is a reason behind the other "paranormal" happenings around Helen. Now, I will admit I don't know a lot about Helen of Troy and frankly if there was something drastically wrong with the mythology in this book, I almost guarantee I wouldn't know the difference.

     Having said that, and where I stand on this book. I have a choice to make up, I don't know if they are going to do a boxed set for the series when Goddess comes out next year, but I don't know if I should wait to pick up the set or pick up this one and see how I feel about the series. I'll cross that bridge eventually. I can't wait!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger