Latest News:
House of Night Marathon - 7 complete!

[Waiting on Wednesday] - #10

          Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

See something you like here?
Click the book title to add it to your Goodreads TBR List!


     From one of my favorite strong female characters, Saba comes back this time in Rebel Heart. A book about a fierce girl who fights not only with the people around her and the support of her younger sister, but with her own life and heart on the line. Not many characters in book do you feel that raw need to push themselves to that limit and want more out of their pursuit. I encourage everyone to read Blood Red Road first before looking deeply into this book.



Title: Rebel Heart
Author: Moira Young
Date: October 30th, 2012

     It seemed so simple: Defeat the Tonton, rescue her kidnapped brother, Lugh, and then order would be restored to Saba’s world. Simplicity, however, has proved to be elusive. Now, Saba and her family travel west, headed for a better life and a longed-for reunion with Jack. But the fight for Lugh’s freedom has unleashed a new power in the dust lands, and a formidable new enemy is on the rise.

     What is the truth about Jack? And how far will Saba go to get what she wants? In this much-anticipated follow-up to the riveting Blood Red Road, a fierce heroine finds herself at the crossroads of danger and destiny, betrayal and passion.

     Blood Red Road held true with one of the fiercest and strongest female characters (Saba) since The Hunger Games for me. I loved Saba, and Jack had this mysteriousness about him that allured everyone to him. I am still curious about who Jack is and what Saba wants to do now that her brother is safe, her family is back together.

     From the look of everything there seems to be more to Jack this time around. And if I am correct, Saba goes after and seeks to get him back, which I'm sorry she shouldn't have left him in the first place. If she did care about him as much as she did in the first book, than there is no doubt in my mind what I would have done and what I believe the correct response should have been. On the other hand though, she does have her family to take care of, but couldn't they have came as well?

     Anyways, there is a slight rumor going around of a spoiler, how Saba sleeps with someone other than Jack. I'm not sure how valid that is, and frankly either way, there is just something about how that breaks my heart. There is just something wrong with how authors want to add drama into a book by involving infidelity or the lovely love triangle. Trust me, there is much more to a book and many other differing ways to create invoking and emotionally deep plot twists without involving those two ploys. It really pains me to see authors do that, and that's why I dearly hope that rumor is false.

     Either way, that rumor and that whole idea won't stop me from picking the book up. The cover is rather lame as compared to the last one, and I hope that this isn't the true final cover. I want something more substantial out of Jack. Jack is just too much of a mystery that this paints him too clear for me. GIVE ME MOAR!
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. The Paper Critic - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger